“Kyou!”
He turned towards the voice, grateful for someone familiar. In the crowd of students from his class, he was worried when he couldn’t find his best friends. Sunlight blinded his vision, and he smiled at the thought of a summer fling with his attractive teacher and weird classmates.
“Sorry. I fell asleep on the bus… Couldn’t find you anywhere.” Takuya panted; sweat sliding down his rugged face. Ueno was right beside him, smiling his innocent smile.
“What’s your excuse?” Kyou ventured, glaring.
Ueno shrugged, still smiling. “My grandmother called me in the middle of the bus ride. It’s been ages since I’ve last talked to her.” he said simply, and Kyou managed a small smile.
It had been a long bus trip to Osaka, and he had to sit beside the class president, Hire. He had to suffer an endless lecture about the beauty of nature and the extinction of the world’s beautiful beaches.
At last they had reached the hotel, and the students stared at it in awe. If it wasn’t luxurious, I’d book a bus ticket back home already… Kyou thought darkly. The teacher had already gone to the counter for their room keys, leaving all of them sprawled all over the front entrance.
The three of them were just about to collapse on a nearby bench when someone knocked Kyou aside, and he released his bag in surprise.
“I-I’m so sorry!” a small voice squeaked, and they turned to see who it was.
“My god…” Takuya muttered, as they laid their eyes on a pure beauty. It was a girl who was probably sixteen, with silky short black hair and gentle green eyes. She had pink lips, adding to her sweetness. There was a pink ribbon tied to her wrist, and she tugged at it nervously, her eyes darting from glancing at each of them.
“Are you alright? I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to crash into you.” she stammered, and to their surprise, her eyes welled with tears. Kyou glanced at her outfit, and found he was suddenly disgusted.
She wore a body-hugging pink blouse with frills, and a black skirt that went down to her knees, with tall black boots. Just my luck to run into some rich snob… he thought, cursing silently.
“Fine.” he said coldly, and picked his bag up from the clean sparkling floor. He dusted it, glaring at her for emphasis, and turned curtly, leaving both his stuttering friends.
He leaned on the nearest counter, and glanced at the scene in front of him, acting like he couldn’t care less. I shouldn’t have to act. I couldn’t care less! The girl wiped her tears away, looking embarrassed. Takuya handed her a tissue, still glancing at her with his mouth hanging open. She smiled at him, and Kyou couldn’t help admiring from afar how innocent and sweet she looked when she smiled.
She said something to Takuya, then to Ueno.
He added coldness to his glance when she turned to him. She bowed low, smiling apologetically. Then she turned to the staircases, out of his view.
To his surprise, he exhaled; he had been holding his breath.
by
Kuroneko/ 2005/ 13yrs
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment