Speech Day Essay
Good morning to the honourable judges, teachers and my fellow friends. My name is AHAA and I am from 6 Intan. I am here today to share with you what I think about mother-daughter relationships.
Personally, talking to our mothers is a good way to solve our teenage problems. They have not just experienced it, but they have managed to overcome it.
Lots of girls think that talking and being seen with their mothers is an embarrasing thing. Young girls are close to their mothers because they need direct help and guidance from them.
As they grow older and they start to make friends, their mothers’ influence becomes less and is sometimes considered a burden. Girls are irritated by their mother’s concern and attention because they feel that they understand life better, that their mothers have forgotten what it is like to be young.
Mothers who try to control their daughters only makes them want to seek freedom. Even if we love our mothers, we certainly would not want them breathing down our necks all the time. Everybody needs a little space to themselves.
Girls sometimes wish their mothers would stop wanting to know about them. On the other hand, there are also mothers who are too busy with their work, chores and friends to have time for their children.
Girls who are in trouble and need their mothers desperately find themselves disappointed, lost and hurt. Too much attention and no attention at all are the extremes that girls can do without.
Once girls become adults, they will turn to their mothers again for advice. The raging storm is only when girls are teenagers.
The ideal situation in a mother-daughter relationship would be if both sides accept and respect each other. You cannot expect your mother to be your best friend because she is there to teach you, guide you and help you become a better person. But every girl has a right to expect their mother’s love, respect and understanding.
I’m proud to say, I talk to my mother, I enjoy her company and I laugh with her. She is always there when I need her. She understands me and she is crazy enough to enjoy the stuff that I do. Even though my mom and I don’t agree on everything, we still enjoy each other’s company. Sometimes we even share our shoes and clothes, believe it or not !
Lastly, I would like to thank all my friends whom had shared their experiences on this matter. They have been a great help. Thank you.
by
Aisyah Hanis /SK S9 2004 /12 yrs
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment